Hi Friends! I have been playing with the “Stampin’ Blends” & rubbing alcohol technique and WOW! Just so much FUN! I first shared this technique in my “Under the Umbrella” class last year but as this technique is all the rage right now, I thought I’d play with it again. Am I ever glad that I did!
I have not one, not two, but THREE new videos coming your way that shows the ways I’ve been creating with our Stampin’ Blends, vellum and 99% rubbing alcohol. I also have 70%, but it doesn’t work as well, in my opinion. Let me just say that if you don’t have any 99% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) then be sure to get some right away because you are definitely going to want to try this technique once you watch my new videos. Trust me on this. After I created my three cards for my videos I played with a leftover piece of vellum this morning and created this card:
So here’s the scoop on how I made this card:
- I scribbled my Stampin’ Blends onto vellum and added rubbing alcohol. Once dry I stamped my image over top and embossed it with gold & silver powders.
- The ‘detailed’ image that lines up with the solid tiles stamp is what I used on the Bermuda Bay card stock. I stamped it randomly with versamark and again embossed it with gold and silver embossing powders. I love how it turned out for my background!
- The cut tile in the centre is a piece leftover from other projects. It’s not Bermuda Bay but I figured I could get away with it!
- I placed rhinestones on the silver/gold tiles and a gold gem (retired) on the centre tile.
- The card was also spritzed with Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card and I can’t wait to share the others I made using the Stampin’ Blends Vellum Technique! I hope to have the first of the three videos ready for you by tomorrow. Until then…
Enjoy the day, stay well and HAPPY STAMPING!
PS: Yesterday I sent out the registration for my “Welcoming Window” class in the mail to my subscribers and it’s almost SOLD OUT! If you’d like to find out more about this class click HERE. If you’re not already on my mailing list, be sure to click on the button below to sign up. Each month I send out exclusive tutorials, specials and more!