As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I love creating cards! My craft room is full of tools, but when it comes to making cards, I always make sure to have these items close at hand:
- STAMPS! I love Stampin’ Up! stamps because they coordinate perfectly together! The stamps come in sets, which really saves me time as they work within their themes and in some cases, even have terrific greetings to correspond with the stamp images. The value of the stamp sets are par none – only Stampin’ Up! offers all this (and sooooo much more!).
- PUNCHES! Every crafter needs at least one punch (I don’t mean literally. LOL). A punch is a great tool for adding a layer to your card, giving it a ‘WOW’ factor. Also, did you know that many of the SU punches coordinate with our stamp images? Look for the outlined images in the Idea Book & Catalogue to see which punch corresponds with it. Whether used to add a greeting or used to create images (did you know you can make a 3D flower with the Scallop Circle Punch?) – Stampin’ Up! punches really do pack a ‘punch’!
- SNAIL ADHESIVE! Having Snail Adhesive handy really helps speed things up by making it easier to adhere your cardstock, trim, ribbon and accessories to your projects. This permanent adhesive is acid free too, so it can be used in your scrapbooks. Stampin’ Up! Snail Adhesive is by far the best double sided tape I’ve ever used!
- BIG SHOT! The Big Shot is a lifesaver! The Big Shot manual die-cutting machine can be used to die cut materials for use on cards, scrapbook pages, business tools, home décor projects, and even clothing–the Big Shot is a big deal! I use the Big Shot all the time, but when I’m makings lots of cards I always use it to speed up the process, as the Big Shot can cut multiple pieces of cardstock at the same time! I also use the Big Shot to cut images out of metal sheets, fun foam, beeswax, wire mesh, heavy weight denim, even thin tree bark (that’s already on the ground – NOT peeled off the trees!) ~ these embellishments are perfect for adding texture to cards or for handcrafted gift items (such as the adorable tin tea light holder we’ll be making at my upcoming Holiday Gift class! Sign up today – you won’t want to miss it!).
- TABLETOP PAPER CUTTER! Last, but certainly not least is the Stampin’ Up! Tabletop Paper Cutter. I love to use my paper cutter to quickly and easily precut my cardstock for my classes, workshops, stamp clubs and events. This paper cutter is a basic tool for card makers and scrapbookers, but is often over looked. The Tabletop Paper cut is precise and you’ll never end up with frayed edges on your cardstock. I also love it because I don’t have to spend a fortune replacing cutting blades! This paper cutter is my go-to tool and it’s great to use when making a mass of cards (Christmas, invitations, thank you cards, etc) as it can cut up to 5 pieces of cardstock at once! This is definitely the ‘Cadillac’ of paper cutters!
Here’s a card we made at Stamp Club last night, using ALL of the tools I listed above.
Often I’m asked where I get all my ideas from. One of my greatest sources of inspiration is the monthly “Stampin Success” magazine I receive from Stampin’ Up! (yet another perk of being a demonstrator! Click here to find out how YOU can receive this free publication too, when you become a demonstrator!). I totally cased the above card with the card shown on the cover of this month’s issue! I simply substituted the stamp set as I don’t have the stamp sets shown, and I added my own twists with Designer Series paper and accessories!
Notice I used the heart in the Big Shot this time, instead of the leaf? Sooooo much fun! I am really pleased with how this card came out!
Here’s a Gift Certificate I made recently for a customer, using the Ornament Extra large punch for the rose:
Both of these punches and the above stamp set are featured in my upcoming Christmas Tags class – click the tab at the top of my blog to find out more about this event!
Stampin’ Up! is truly your ‘One-Stop-Stamp-Shop’ – their Idea Book & Catalogue is FULL of products and even more tools than I have time to mention in this blog. Besides the products being of EXCEPTIONAL quality, just the tools alone will make your crafting easier, quicker and with fantastic results!
Call me today if you’d like some more information about any of these tools or if you’d like to place an order. Remember, you can order 24/7, through my online store and have your items delivered directly to your door (within Canada only). If you’re outside of Canada, simple go to www.stampinup.com.
ENDS OCTOBER 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only the Soft Subtles set is left! Regular $27.95 now ONLY $9.89! HOLEY COW! Get yours before they’re gone! I loooooooove the Watercolor Crayons! Here’s a sneak peak of some cards I made using the crayons:
(Some of you may have received one of these cards in the mail! If so, leave a comment and you’ll receive a little gift!)