Hi Friends! Today I’m sharing some pretty birthday cards that I made using the “Very Versailles” stamp set. These sponged birthday cards were a LOT of fun to make!
- On a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White card stock I stamped the leaf from Very Versailles with Craft Whisper White ink and set aside to dry. One dry I stamped the same image on top in Old Olive and Shaded Spruce inks. **Note: the Craft White ink adds a really subtle dimension to the cards, as the sponged inks on top pick up the white ink images.
- The little flowers images are from the All Things Fabulous set and I inked them with Magenta Madness, adding little dots with a white gel pen.
- The script was stamped on the left side with Crumb Cake ink
- Then I used a sponge to add colour to the background. The inks I used were Soft Seafoam, Old Olive, Shaded Spruce, Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Balmy Blue and Misty Moonlight.
- I used a sponge dauber and Bumblebee ink to create the ‘sun’
- The birds are from the Beautiful Moments set, which I stamped in black.
- I heat embossed the frame image from the Very Versailles set in gold then added the sentiment, which I cut using the Layering Circle dies.
- To finish the card I add a spritz of Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint (mixed with rubbing alcohol).
- I used the Magenta Madness ink pad to stamp the inside sentiment, using a sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays set.
These cards are for members of my “Serene Stampers” community who are celebrating their birthday this month, so on that note, I’d best go to the post office now and get them in the mail!
- All online orders will receive a hand stamped card in the mail (as long as I have your address!) and 12 step-by-step stamping tutorials will be emailed to you as token of my appreciation for your online order!
- At the end of each month everyone who ordered with me has their name put in a draw for a gift of Stampin’ Up! product (winner is chosen via random.org).
Simply enter this month’s special host code
prior to submitting your order through my website.
If your order is $200 or more DO NOT enter the Host Code
so that you will also receive your stamping rewards
(I will still send you the PDF tutorials).
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!