Hi Friends! HAPPY FRIDAY! Another week has come and gone – so hard to believe! This time last week it was 17′, sunny and WARM outside! My dogs and I enjoyed a gorgeous long walk and not one of us needed our coats (yes, Rosey and Cooper have sweaters for the cold days!). Today we have a snowstorm. Bah! So I thought I’d share a bright, happy card with FLOWERS! I know Spring is right around the corner….I hope. So until then, I’m grateful for bringing a bit of Spring into my craft room with our stamps, dies and punches! Enjoy today’s tutorial!
- Flirty Flamingo card base: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” then folded on the crease with the Bone Folder, two pieces 2-3/4” x 4-1/4”, 1” x 4”
- Old Olive: 3-1/4” x 4-1/4”
- Basic White: 2-1/2” x 3-3/4”, 1-1/2” x 8”
- Adhesive Sheets: , two pieces 2-3/4” x 4-1/4”
- Adhere Adhesive Sheets to back of the two Flirty Flamingo pieces. Run through machine with dies facing up then repeat, back and forth, about three times to ensure the pieces cut out. Using Take Your Pick Die Brush Tip on a foam pad, brush back and forth to release cut out bits. Poke remaining out with paper piercing tip. Peel back Adhesive Sheet and affix to card front as close to the top and bottom edges as you can. May overlap slightly in center.
- Die cut Old Olive using scalloped rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly.
- With Old Olive ink, stamp branch once slightly off center onto Basic White. Stamp off once then stamp two more times: once to right and once to left of main branch. Adhere piece to Old Olive frame.
- Cut one Square Vellum Doilies in half with Paper Snips. With Stampin’ Seal carefully position, so they are balanced on both sides and adhere the halves of the doily on the back.
- Stamp your six preferred flowers from Vine Design onto Basic White with Flirty Flamingo ink. Die cut them out. Arrange flowers on top of branch piece then adhere five (leave one for the sentiment) with Multipurpose Liquid Glue taking care to leave a space where the sentiment will fit. Adhere this whole piece onto card front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. (Tip: use the floral Flirty Flamingo layer on the card as your guide as to where to position the Old Olive branch piece.)
- Stamp sentiment with Basic Gray onto Flirty Flamingo taking care to align it left of center. Die cut it out. Add flower to right side with one Mini Stampin’ Dimensional. Add two more Dimensionals to back of sentiment and add to card front.
- Place one pearlescent white Elegant Faceted Gem onto center of each flower.
- Stamp sets: Vine Design (154488) or discounted in a bundle with the Flowering Vine Dies (156266)
- Cardstock: Basic White (159276), Flirty Flamingo (141416), Old Olive (100702)
- Ink: Flirty Flamingo (147052), Old Olive (147090), Basic Gray (149165)
- Miscellaneous: Flowering Vine Dies (154332) or discounted in a bundle with Vine Design stamp set (156266), Stitched So Sweetly (151690), Elegant Faceted Gems (152464), Square Vellum Doilies (152484), Take Your Pick (144107), Take Your Pick Die Brush Tip (149655), Paper Snips (103579), Paper Trimmer (152392), Adhesive Sheets (152334), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Seal (152813), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Bone Folder (102300), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!