Hi Friends! Every month we have a card swap in my Serene Stampers community for those who wish to participate. It’s a lot of fun and we get a ton of inspiration from each other. The theme for our swap this month was “Babies or Weddings”. I chose the baby theme because I am having too much fun with the new “Count on Me” stamp set! I also decided to use my card for this month’s Leaders Project Sheet Group – I’ve included the tutorial below for you!
I went with the Macrame folder for the card because I wanted to add a look of fabric for the ‘baby’ theme.
“Count on Me” – Baby Congratulations Card
- Balmy Blue: 8 ½” x 5 ½”
- Basic White: 3 ¾” x 5” , 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” , scrap piece for penguin
- Misty Moonlight: 4” x 5 ¼” , 3” x 3”
- Pear Pizzazz: 4” x 1 ¾”
- Fold Balmy Blue card stock in half to create card base.
- Glue 4” x 5 ¼” Misty Moonlight card stock to front of card.
- Run 3 ¾” x 5” Basic White card stock through Macrame 3D Embossing Folder and glue to card front.
- Cut 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” Basic White with circle die. Cut 3” x 3” Misty Moonlight with scallop circle die (this will be layered behind the white circle die cut).
- On white circle die cut stamp ‘Congratulations’ from “Inspired Thoughts” set with Black Memento ink. Stamp “So Very Happy For You” from “Color & Contour” set with Misty Moonlight. Stamp the clouds from “Mountain Air” set with Balmy Blue ink pad. Partially stamp the penguin from the “Count on Me” set on the bottom portion of the die cut so that only his upper half and balloon are on the circle.
- Stamp the penguin onto a scrap piece of Basic White card stock. Colour with Dark Smokey Slate and Pale Papaya Stampin’ Blends Markers. Use water painter and Misty Moonlight ink pad to colour the balloon. Use paper snips to cut out the penguin and the balloon (you don’t need to cut the ‘string’ part).
- Add a bit of glue behind the penguins head and a mini dimensional on his lower body and position onto the die cut. Place a mini dimensional behind the balloon and position onto die cut. Add Clear Wink of Stella to balloon.
- Glue the Misty Moonlight scallop circle behind the stamped piece and adhere to the front of the card.
- Cut Pear Pizzazz card stock with Evergreen Border Punch and glue to bottom of card.
- Add Shimmery Crystal Effects to the clouds and set aside to dry.
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!