Hi Friends! I keep forgetting that today is TUESDAY, as we had a long weekend for Thanksgiving! Last night we had a lovely dinner with our family & grandbabies, with turkey and all the trimmings, followed by apple pie & roasted marshmallows around the bonfire. We were grateful that we could all be together, as I know some provinces are back on lock-down. We certainly count our many blessings, that’s for sure!
As many of you may know, each month I create a card tutorial for our “Stampin’ Leaders Project Sheet Group”. There are about 50 of us (mostly US & Canadian demos) and we create tutorials that we share with each other. I use these amazing projects as part of my “Customer Appreciation Tutorial Bundles” that I send out each month to everyone who places an order with me. You can learn more about this by clicking HERE.
For today’s tutorial, I chose the “Happy Holly-Days” stamp set. I just received this set and have been excited to use it! I am absolutely in LOVE with the bird image!
I never thought to use the punch when I was making my card, but trust me, it’s going to be well used (along with the stamp set) over the next few couple of months! I have LOTS of Christmas ideas for cards and projects using this awesome little bundle! In the meantime, here’s my first card using the “Happy Holly-Days” set – I hope you enjoy the tutorial!
- Real Red: 8 ½” x 5 ½” , 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”
- Basic White: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Fold 5 ½” x 8 ½” Real Red card stock in half to create card base.
- Ink largest branch from “Birds & Branches” set with Soft Suede ink pad and stamp onto 4” x 5 ¼” Basic White card stock. Stamp bird from “Happy Holly-Days” with Black Memento, lining up along the stamped branch. Fill in the areas around the bird with the holly image (stamp with Black Memento) and smaller branches (stamp with Soft Suede).
- Color the holly leaves with Granny Apple Stampin’ Blends Combo and the berries with the Real Red Stampin’ Blends Combo.
- Colour the bird with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Combo. Add Real Red pencil crayon onto bird’s breast and smooth out with Blender Pen. Use Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Combo for for the beak and Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blend marker for the legs/feet.
- Add Balmy Blue ink to card using Blending Brush. Next, add Night of Navy ink around the card’s edges, also with the Blending Brush.
- For some shimmer, add a touch of Clear Wink of Stella to the bird and all of the holly.
- Stamp “Season’s Greetings” from the Tidings & Trimmings set using Real Red ink pad.
- Position die from Stitched So Sweetly collection on centre of stamped piece and cut. Glue the 4” x 5 ¼” piece to Real Red card base.
- Use next largest die to cut 3 ¼” x 4 ¼” Real Red card stock. Layer the two die cuts together using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Place onto center of card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Place a tiny strip of Tear & Tape onto card to adhere Linen Thread bow.
- Add sequins to card to finish.
Here’s how I stamped the inside of the card – it’s just simple but pretty with the holly:Product List
Enjoy the day & HAPPY STAMPING!