I love all things retro, vintage, shabby chick & antique. I also love cooking (and collecting recipes). Therefore, getting the “Measure of Love” stamp set was a given. Of course, I also ordered the amazing “What’s Cookin’ Bundle” too – but I’ll save that for another blog post!
The “Measure of Love” stamp set is super cute and can be used for lots of different occasions:
My order with these new stamps arrived today so I couldn’t wait to play and create with it! Here’s my first card using the “Measure of Love” set:
Stinkin’ CUTE, right? And super quick and easy to make! I went with a red, yellow and blue theme for my card (Real Red, Bumblebee & Bermuda Bay to be exact) and kept the design simple. I really like how the repetitive sentiment creates a fun background for my weigh scale and bowl of cherries. Speaking of cherries, I added a bit of Shimmery Crystal Effects for some shine and 3-D texture. The scale face is popped up on a Stampin’ Dimensional, because I thought that would be a fun extra element on the card…
You More Than Measure Up Card Tutorial
- Basic White: 4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½” , 5” x 3 ¾”, plus scrap piece
- Fold Basic White card stock in half to create card base.
- Stamp sentiment repeatably with Black Memento onto 5” x 3 ¾” (I stamped it 7 times).
- Use Black Memento ink pad to stamp the scale onto scrap piece of Basic White card stock. Colour the scale with Real Red Blends Markers & cut out with scissors.
- Stamp the scale a second time onto scrap Basic White card stock. Use Real Red ink pad to stamp the hand. Cut the scale face using smallest circle in the Layering Circle dies. Place a rhinestone on centre. Adhere to card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (or Stampin’ Seal).
- Stamp the outline bowl image with Bumblebee ink pad onto scrap Basic White card stock. Stamp the inside bowl image with Bumblebee ink, stamping off first to get a softer look.
- Ink the row of hearts image with Bermuda Bay and stamp onto the bowl.
- Line up the cherries stamp on top of bowl and stamp with Merry Merlot ink pad. Add the leaves and stem image, stamping with Just Jade ink. Cut out the bow of cherries and glue onto the scale.
- Wrap Bumblebee gingham ribbon across the front of the stamped piece, securing in back. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a ribbon bow, securing in place with Mini Glue Dots.
- Add Shimmery Crystal Effects to the cherries for shine and texture. Set aside to dry.
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!