I love ‘fun fold’ cards and the “Z” card is a great one because it’s super fast to make and doesn’t require a lot of supplies or a lot of time to make. Here are the measurements that I used on today’s card:
- Basic White: 4 ¼” x 11” (scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”) & 3 3/4”” x 2 1/4””
- Early Espresso: 4” x 2 ½” (cut 3)
- Crumb Cake: 4 1/8” x 2 5/8”
- Sale-a-bration “Simply Marbelous” DSP: 2 3/8” x 3 7/8” (cut 2)
- I stamped the dog and bowl with Early Espresso ink and used my Water Painter to pull the ink into the image. I then added a bit of Bumblebee chalk from the Soft Pastels with a Q-tip.
- A light wash of Smokey Slate ink was used for the ‘ground’ with my Water Painter
- I added some blue and yellow chalk with a Q-tip for the ‘sky’
- The dish and hearts were coloured with inks and Water Painter
- Clear Wink of Stella for the hearts, bowl and collar
- To keep the trinkets from sliding down, I made a knot in between them on the linen thread.
- A wee bit of Fine Tip Glue was added to the bowl to make it look like ‘water’ once it dried
Sadly, one of my Dad’s little dogs passed away suddenly last weekend, so I made this card for him and his wife. The heartbreak of losing a pet is just so hard, isn’t it? I hope this card brings them a bit of comfort & they’ll feel my love when they find it in their mailbox.Product List
Enjoy the day, stay well & HAPPY STAMPING!
Beth Norman-Roberts says
I love Z fold cards. This one is so cute.
Tina Zinck says
I agree – they are so much fun!