Hi Friends! I normally post on my blog Monday through Friday but I’ve missed a few days this week – sorry about that! I’ve been bonkers busy cooking for the tuna charters (which ends mid-October), as well as doing some canning with the veg from the garden (making salsa this weekend) and just other day-to-day chores and activities that keeps one busy. I also had my stamp club last night and lemme tell ya, the card projects/technique I shared with the ladies was a massive HIT! So guess what? I’ll be making another video for you this weekend to share the club project with YOU too! I actually have two videos coming your way – hopefully, both of which will be posted by this Sunday – so stay tuned for them (you’re going to LOVE them!).
This morning I made some more thank you cards for my AWESOME customers, which I’ll be mailing at the post office shortly. I used the “Beautiful Friendship” stamp set and the sentiments came from sets in previous Paper Pumpkin kits. I LOVE our Paper Pumpkin kits and the next two “Winter Wonders” kits are going to be awesome – I can’t wait to get them! Click on the image below to get yours.
You may recognize those butterflies I used on my cards. They were punched out from the “Botanical Butterfly” Designer Series Paper that was available during Sale-a-bration. I loved this paper so much I stocked up on it, so why not use it up? If you don’t have this paper, you can simply use the “Butterfly Gala” stamp set to create your own butterflies.
Here are the details for today’s cards:
- I used Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green card stock for my bases, which measure 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ when folded.
- The Whisper White layer measures 4″ x 5 1/4″
- I first stamped the large roses with Grapefruit Grove, then stamped the centre of the flowers with Cajun Craze.
- The smaller roses are stamped with Grapefruit Grove and Rococo Rose.
- I inked the largest flower image with So Saffron and stamped on the three corners of the card stock.
- I added the sprig (wisteria? lupin? you decide!) with Seaside Spray.
- All the leaves were stamped with Granny Apple Green ink.
- Sentiments are from the “Hugs from Shelli” Paper Pumpkin kit and the ‘so much’ sentiment is from a kit that came out a few years back – I have no idea what it was called. 😉
- After I stamped the flowers and sentiments, I used SNAIL to adhere the Whisper White layer to card base.
- Stamp, colour and punch out butterflies (or use up your DSP, like I did!) and use a glue dot to place on card. Stamp antennea’s from “Butterfly Gala” set. Add Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the wings and a rhinestone on the body.